Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The cobbler's children have no shoes



Lots of my Holiday shopping has been online. As a result my house is filled with boxes. Before we clear them out of the house I give the kids crayons and let them decorate their boxes. We talk about what they are making (sometimes it's a house or a rocket ship and sometimes things get really wild and we make a pizza restaurant or a grocery store). It's really fun to watch the kids decorate their boxes. They can do it for what seems like hours!

Recently, Jack and Sophia were decorating a box. It was half rocket ship and half princess castle. We laughed about all the princesses in space wondering what happened to their castle. Sophia jumped in the box and I raced for my camera. That's when I took this picture.

Thank goodness I did. It's been ages since I took pictures of my own kids. You know what they say about the cobbler!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And let's not forget the cobbler's mother...she has no pictures either...

mom

Anonymous said...

Hadley-
I sent you a personal email a couple months ago(I think--lost track of time as I have a 4 month old and 2 1/2 year old, saying your pictures made me cry, in a good way) Anyway, I'm so glad you have a blog, but I feel like such a voyer!! I guess this is what it is for?! I love taking pictures of my children and that is how I stumbled on your site....in need of inspiration. You have inspired me and I look forward to your blog posts as well as the changes in your website. Guess I might start a blog too. I love your info about the foam paint.....got a cool book called Preschooler's Busy Book, has a lot of neat ideas along the same idea. Think I am going to start a blog.......Happy Holidays!

Hadley said...

Hey Laura! Great to hear from you again! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm honored and humbled that you found inspiration in my work. Please be sure to send me the link to your blog when it's up so I can visit you! Thank you also for the tip about the Preschooler's Busy Book. As I'm typing this I just put it in my Amazon shopping cart. Okay, now get to that blog Laura! :D Happy Holidays to you too!!