Thursday, January 05, 2006

Great things are in store for 2006 - Happy New Year!

                                              © 2006 Hadley Spagna Photography

Happy New Year!

Is it me or did the Holidays FLY by this year? When I started to think about this blog entry (dedicated to the New Year and the Holiday season that flew by) I knew exactly which picture to post.

When a photographer goes on location to a new client they never know what they're going to get. That's another one of the reasons why I love my job (keeps me on my toes). When I got a call from this great couple I mentally prepared for lack of light. It's not uncommon to have a Manhattan apartment with blah lighting. When I showed up for this session I was prepared for blah. I had studio lighting equipment, stands, reflectors, the whole she-bang. Their amazing apartment had so much natural light that I didn't know what to do with it all! A pleasant surprise! If only it was summertime I would have conducted the session on their enormous terrace (and I would have surely scored some peppers and parsley from their garden) ((yes guys that was directed at you and was designed to be a slightly more than subtle hint))

This couple's picture was selected for this post because they're starting their New Year with a New Baby Boy. I photographed him at 15 days old. He's very mature for 15 days and I swear he has the eyesight and attention span of a 5 week old! He's even on a schedule! Just wait until you see him!

Hey, great things are in store for you too in 2006

For starters, ordering photographs online is even easier than it was in 2005. Not only is my online ordering system even easier to use, but it's packed with so many great features! Now you can send your friends and family email-postcards with one of the photographs from your session. There's also a private message board for friends and family that view your gallery to communicate with each other. Or if you're having trouble deciding which pictures to order you can add them to your "favorites" and save your selections to order them at another time. I can't wait for you guys to see the improved gallery. The new gallery knocks the socks off of the old gallery.

Having trouble deciding which pictures to select from your gallery?

Get them all! Last year so many of my clients had trouble selecting which photographs to order. So, this year, I've added some packages where you can get one of everything! Also new this year is a special mini-session created specifically for my repeat clients that want multiple sessions per year.

You can't use framing and frugal in the same sentence.

Another exciting change for 2006 is a partnership I've formed with a local framer. Framing can be expensive. Especially when you're framing 15 photographs at the same time. So, I've negotiated a special deal exclusively for my clients to help reduce framing costs.

5 comments:

Hadley said...

Thank you Tricia!!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a gorgeous photo - so perfect in many ways. I've meant to tell you before, I love the music on your site. Care to share the name of it? So pretty.. Alot of times I will turn off the music on sites, not yours, my friend, it beautifully matches your images :)

Happy New Year to YOU!

Hadley said...

Hey Kathy! Thank you!! :)

The music on my site is royalty free music from Lee Harbaugh http://www.leeharbaugh.com/. I'll send you an email just in case you don't check back here.

:)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get the framer's info. Another beautiful photo!

Hadley said...

Hi Mindy!

Thank you for stopping by! I just sent you an email! Thank you as well for the compliment on the photo.