Friday, November 25, 2005

Tis the season!



How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was fantastic! Hosting 14 people is easy when they're all such generous helpers. We had pecan pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, brownies, cupcakes, a little champagne and some turkey too. I can't wait for next year.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, the season has begun. No, not the Holiday season (well, okay, yeah, I guess that season has begun as well). I'm talking about painting season. My two children (20 months apart in age) literally bounce off the walls when it gets dark and cold and they get cooped up in the house. My Rx? Painting! The kids love it, they'll paint for at least a half hour and I end up with some amazing artwork for my walls. It's a win-win. The best part is in case there isn't enough to do that day there's a gigantic mess to clean up and usually a bath afterwards.

Speaking of paint. Check back next week when I post my recipe for foam paint. There's no denying it's messy, but it's fun! The best part is that there are a bazillion things you can do with foam paint!

---

PS That's my son Jack having at it!

No comments: