Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Getting ready for Turkey Day!



Thanksgiving just so happens to occur during my busy season. There are Holiday cards to be designed, ordered and printed, photos to be sent to the lab and packaged, boxes to ship, clients to call and oh yes I've got to think about making some stuffing too huh?

Sophia wanted to color. I needed to make a business call. I told Sophia I would color with her after I made the call. While I was on the phone she found some diaper rash cream. I'm still trying to figure out where she found it because I'm worried about what else is there. I'm hoping that she discovered the secret location where all stray socks go to leave their partners. Who knows? Maybe socks and diaper cream like to hang out together? I've heard of crazier things.

The picture you see here is what happens when a busy photographer mom gets distracted on a business call. Like any good photographer mom my first instinct was to grab my camera and take a picture. When I look at Sophia's face in this picture I see, "this is what happens when you talk on the phone when you should be coloring with me". Lucky for me (and Sophia) it came off as quickly as it went on. Even better, she hasn't had a diaper rash on her face all day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! What a great shot. She really looks quite satisfied with herself for teaching you that lesson. You do have your hands full, now don't you?

So cute...

Hadley said...

Lauren, you could say I have my hands full. ;) Still no diaper rash on Sophia's face! Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

HI, found you through your Goop post but have come back to see your photos and interesting material on you blog.

Hadley said...

Hi busy mom!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments! I hope that you found the goop fun! Check back next week when I include my recipe for super messy foam paint. You'll be cursing at me for weeks with that one!