Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sleeping Baby (not quite)



This is a picture of one of the most alert and mature 6 week olds I have ever had the pleasure of photographing. Her mother called me with the hopes of getting some close ups of her daughter's hands, feet, et al. for an announcement. No problem. I should have said that after I met this little girl. On the day of our session I met a wise, smart, alert, talkative six week old that was more like a 10-12 week old baby. To get the shots Mom wanted we really needed a sleeping baby. Or at the minimum a dull awake baby. This little person refused to rest even with a very full tummy. I chose to share this shot with you today because when I look at this picture I see a sleeping baby. But, remembering the moment I know it was a very awake baby that just so happened to stretch and close her eyes (for a second or two).

No comments: