Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

                                              © 2006 Hadley Spagna Photography



                                              © 2006 Hadley Spagna Photography

Happy Mother's Day!

To start my Mother's Day celebration this year I photographed my children for a change. Here's Jack (almost 5) and Sophia (a fresh 3 - err.. although that is a facet of her personality "fresh" is supposed to mean she just turned three).

The picture of Jack encapsulates his sweet and somewhat reserved personality. The way his hand is perched so close to his face is one of his signature moves. I'm so happy that I was able to capture this moment.

I love this photo of Sophia because it illustrates a side of her I don't see much when I'm behind the camera. In this photo, she is still, contemplative and really looking at me. A typical photo session with Sophia involves a hip thrust (not mine!) and an impish grin.



--- - ---




                                                           © 2006 J.Crew



A question I get asked frequently is, "What should my child wear?" That's when I give my typical answer, "...avoid distracting patterns and logos, try to limit clothing changes for young children and let me in your closets I'd love to pick something out." Well, next time I get asked that question I may just answer with anything from crewcuts.

Saturday was my first opportunity to visit the new crewcuts line at the J.Crew store in downtown Westport. The pint sized attire is for 2-8 year olds and the colors, patterns and logos will photograph beautifully. The best part is that the clothes are at a price point where you won't mind if your child actually plays and gets dirty in this stuff. (There's a good chance someone's going to get dirty on one of my photo sessions.)

You might not hear other photographers telling you this when helping you select your wardrobe for your shoot. But, I'll say it, "Bring on the madras!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. You really have captured the children's personalities and I love the fact they are in color.

I want a copy of each one. OK?

I'm so glad madras is back in as I always have loved it!



love, mom

Hadley said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Mom!

I'll get you those pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

First of all thanks for the heads up on J Crew for kids! I'm definately going to be shopping there soon!

I can't get over how big your kids are Hadley. Especially Sophie! She is such a big girl now! It really amazes me how quickly children grow. I know we have always heard the "they grow so quickly, enjoy them while you can" advise....but it is so true!

Hadley said...

Hey Sarah!! Enjoy shopping!

You're right about the advice to enjoy them while they're this age since they grow so quickly. I've done everything I can think of to stunt their growth and nothing has worked yet. (said with tongue in cheek)

Hadley said...

Kara! Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so Beautiful, I love these shots!!!!


Oh, and another Crewcuts fan here!!! Love the Madras!!!

Hadley said...

Michelle!! Thank you! Gotta love madras!

Anonymous said...

Hadley
I just love it every time I visit your site! Your talent shows through in each and every picture.

I love the pictures of Jack and Sophia - they're absolutely gorgeous!

I just wanted to pop by and wish Jack a very Happy 5th Birthday

Hadley said...

Kathi Field! How are you? It's SO wonderful to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to write. Thank you for remembering Jack and his birthday, you're the best. Thank you also for all your kind words. I think of you often and hope you are well. XO!